Thursday 10 June 2010

No Good Deed

No Good Deed is a short film I worked on as Director of Photography, for my second year at University. I contributed in Art Direction, however it was based in realism so it didn't need any in-depth focus in the art department.

The short film is about everyday circumstances spiraling tragically out of control.

The following images are a storyboard selection of screenshots to give you the idea of my Camera work, and angles etc.






When filming the short film, time was definitely not of the essence, and sadly the video reflects that. There are some serious lighting problems, colour configuration is also an issue, and acting is stretched to say the least.
As Director of Photography for this film, I feel I let myself down. I feel the lighting is dirty and conflicts throughout the entire film. I should have filmed in more light. It is easier to make things darker in Edit, than make things lighter. unfortunately the end scene pays for my stupidity. I didn't light the scene the way I should have, which resorts it in being far too dark and grainy.

I feel that the short film lacks in imagination on both my part as the Director of Photography and in Concept/Story line.

Credits:
Produced by: Dominic Moss
Written / Directed by: David McClenaghan
Director of Photography: Gordon Gray
Assistant Producer: Owain Lacey
Sound by: Gary Kane
Edited by: Lewis Abbott


Hope you Like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment