Sunday 30 May 2010

Traditional Photography


Photography is my muse, I love it.
I was given the opportunity, in my first year at University, to attend a Traditional Photography class. The course taught me how to shoot properly with film, it taught me to develop film by myself, and process the result. It was fantastic, and really contributed to my passion in photography. The opportunity to process and print my own photos was very appealing to me. I love the fact you have full control to the outcome, and really take full part of the process. I have always felt there is something less about simply handing your film over the counter, for a machine to do all the work for you.

The following photographs are some examples of my work.

Photo taken in a back street in Carlisle.
Test strip
Scaffolding Photograph shot in alley behind the old Wheel nightclub in Carlisle.
Photo taken in Troon's "The Rocks".
Roof Tile Test Strip taken in Carlisle rooftop.


The video is a short photographic slideshow of the majority of my best work in that class.




No comments:

Post a Comment